Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Taboo Talk

Everyone in the poker world know speaking/moaning/whining about downswings is taboo. Only fish players, noobs and losing regs whine. This blog is not a whine, it's just a small talk about mindset of last 3-4 weeks. I'm doing this mainly to try to remove all the foggy thoughts in my head and have everything cleared up for next weeks/months.

First week of DS was easy. I didn't even felt it. I had just had a 9k upswing the week before so it felt very standard. Kept grinding big volume and grinding my A game. Starting week 2 I had already noticed I was DS but by the last days of the weekend I recovered the losses and transformed it from a DS to a breakeven stretch.

Third week I was exhausted mentally so i took 2-3 days off and decided to come back ready to crush. Surprinsingly (or not at all) my DS was waiting for me at the tables. The last week (currently on it) has been hell. DS so fr is 420bis in abi. 200 of this bis are mtts and 220 are 180s so it's actually super standard. Funny thing was I grabbed a bad swing in both at the same time.

Today is a break point. Downswing got to me out of poker, I had been in a funny/hard to predict mood, I'm sure my friends, girlfriend and even mother have noticed. That was the sign I had to get my mindset right. Poker is poker and swings are part of the job. It's true, biggest DS so far... but to be honest I hope this is not the biggest DS I'll ever get. Plan is to keep moving up and increasing my BR and my skills. If a 5k DS is getting to me I'll never be able to play 1k hyper turbo SNGs or 215usd+ MTTs. I don't want to be stuck in midstakes my whole life, in poker as in everything, my goal is to get better.

Volume wise March is great. 600 games so far and I've taken 2 days off this month. 120 games in average per day I decide to sit in and play. 3.5k VPPs. Goal this month is 12k vpps this month. Easily achievable at this rhythm. Hope i can get 2.4k games in at least this month, but WSOPc San Diego is gonna get in the way.

Getting to it... I'm gonna be playing some event of WSOPc San Diego. Next week I'm gonna be there crushing the tables. I'm selling some action on 2p2 for anyone interested. Made a package with sick low MU with all events I'm playing.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/184/staking-selling-shares-live/wsopc-harrahs-rincon-side-mar-15-17-a-1173991/

If anyone is interested hit me up there.

Gonna be giving updates via twitter... @BonzoC.

That's all for today, gonna be pulling an all-nighter for turbo night playing from 2usd all the way to 33usd MTTs. GL on the tables!




1 comment: