Monday, August 29, 2011

First of Many

Ok... so I had to get out of my house because the guy who is supposed to exterminate all bugs (my roomie hates roaches) decided to come early. Now I'm sitting in a cafe waiting for time to pass before I have to hit my first class of the day. There is no possible better time to write my first poker only blog.



As I said a few entries ago I made a fresh start on July 13th and things have gone very smoothly. I've grinded from 500 to 2kUSD (excluding three 500USD cashouts) which makes a total of 3.5kUSD. I've been running pretty bad in my day to day grind and I'm only 1.4k USD up:


 but on the other hand I've been very lucky in other things:


Adding 550USD from the milestone, 300USD of Rakeback, 300USD of staking that has gone all right and 500 from playing nl100 against a big fish in a pokerstars homegame that gives us the grand total of ~2.5kUSD up in 45 days... not bad in comparison to Mexican salaries.

I play 180man 2.5USD SnGs and usually mix up some 45man to get a bigger volume, my ROI sucks in 45man but it has proven to be +ev to mix them up and try to maximize profit per hour. I usually play between 25 and 35 tables at the same time.

Why 2.5USD if I could be playing higher? Answer is simple: my life depends on this, that makes me a huge BR nit. I hate swings. Already had a 4k swing in 15USD 180man and I want to avoid history repeating itself. I will move up soon but I want to do it with a BR that makes me feel comfortable. I´m hoping to move up to 3USD+r and 8USD SnGs when I touch a 3.5k BR, that is only 2-3 months from now.

There's a lot more on the topic of my poker life to be told but since I made a fresh start I guessed this was the way to start my blog's first poker entry. Good luck everyone, run good this last 3 August days!

1 comment:

  1. Great Job Bonzo,Move as fast as you can , 8$ and 3r$ are soft , Congrats 4 this blog

    att

    Vallepoker88



    VIVA MEXICO CABRONES!!!!

    ReplyDelete